Selling your car for cash
All Scrap Cars have put together a list of the most common questions we get asked about selling your scrap car for cash. Our Portsmouth based scrap car collection company offer only the best prices for your scrap vehicle.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I need to provide at the time of collection? Keys, registration document (V5C), locking wheel nut key if your car has alloy wheels, any other paperwork you may have for the car.
- How do I receive payment for my car? We always pay CASH on collection.
- How long does it take to remove my car? Usually, it takes between 5 – 10 minutes to load your car onto our recovery vehicle. It may take longer depending on the location of your car and how difficult it is to remove.
- Do I need to be present when you arrive? As the registered keeper of the car, you do not have to be present when we collect your vehicle. So you can ask a family member, friend or neighbour to help you. As long as our driver has access to the car and can take care of the paper work, this is all we need.
- I have lost the keys to my car? Just leave it to us – no keys, no problem. When we contact you to confirm your details, please inform us of any obstructions or height restrictions that may make it extra difficult to recover.
- I do not have a log book/V5C/registration document? Don’t worry, it’s not a problem, it just means that you will need to prove to us that you are the owner of the car in order for us to stay on the right side of the law.
- What is a Registration Document? A registration document (V5C/log book) is the document issued by the DVLA usually to the owner of the vehicle or the person/ company who is responsible for the vehicle.
- Do I have to prepare my car for collection? No, just make sure you take out any personal belongings, gather any paperwork you have for your car, remove house keys from the key ring.
- Do I need to contact the DVLA when you collect my vehicle? No, we notify the DVLA that you no longer own the car; we take care of all the paperwork on your behalf regarding the collection.
- Do you sell car parts? No.
- How do your online quotes work? We use a bespoke quotation system to provide you with a price. Once you use the online form to get a quote we will call you straight away, we pride ourselves on offering the best prices around and “WE WILL BEAT ANY QUOTE”.
- For information on scrapping from this is money.com your car click here it opens a new window.